GMSS IT team achieve ISO 27001
We are pleased to announce that the GMSS IT team has recently achieved ISO 27001 certification, having successfully gone through the independent accreditation process. This makes us one of, if not the first NHS organisation to achieve this.
ISO 27001 is the international standard that sets out the specification for an information security management system (ISMS).
It is a best practice approach that helps organisations manage their information security by addressing people and processes as well as technology.
The certification is recognised world-wide confirming our ISMS is aligned with information security best practice. Achieving certification helps us demonstrate to our customers that we are committed to keeping their information safe.
The benefits of ISO 27001 include:
- Reduction in the chances of security breaches within your IT environment
- Confidentiality of information
- Minimisation of IT risks, possible damage and consequential costs
- Competitive edge due to recognised standard
- Increase in trust with respect to partners, customers and the public
- A structured method to address compliance requirements
- Fulfilment of internationally recognised requirements
- Systematic detection of vulnerabilities
- Lower costs
- Control of IT risk